Going Green Smoothie
Yield: 3 ½ cups (840 ml)
- 1 cup (160 g) green grapes
- 1/2 cup (78 g) pineapple chunks
- 2 cups (60 g) fresh spinach, packed
- 1/2 ripe banana, peeled
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) ice cubes
1. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
2. Select Variable 1.
3. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
4. Blend for 60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
Health Classification: Diabetic Friendly, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Low Cholesterol, Heart Healthy, Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw
Meal Type: Green Smoothies, Beverages
Tom’s Fruity Medicine Chest Smoothie
- 2 apples, cored, cut into chunks
- 2 ripe pears, cored, cut into chunks
- 1-2 cups water
- 2 lemons or oranges, juiced
- 1-2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 5 kale leaves, rinsed and torn (removing spine)
- 5 cups romaine lettuce, spinach or collard greens, rinsed
- 1 cup chopped green cabbage
1-2 kiwi fruit
fresh parsley or mint
2-3 T flax seeds
1/2 c soaked goji berries
Place the apples, pears, water, and citrus into a blender with a sharp blade or a Vita-Mix and blend until smooth and creamy.
Add the ginger, kale, greens and cabbage and blend until very smooth. Taste it and if too “green” add a little more fruit to your taste. Add water for a thinner consistency.
The Wholelife Nutrition Cookbook p.99
Alissa Segersten and Tom Malterre 2008